There are a number of goals, important to the guitar learning process, which may be greatly enhanced and or aided with the help of guitar stickers (fretboard stickers).
1. Visualize musical patterns with greater ease - One of the most important aspects of applied musical theory is being able to understand musical patterns such as guitar chords and scales and, in the case of guitar, being able to visually recognize such patterns with relation to the fretboard of the guitar. Chord stickers and Guitar fretboard stickers allow the student to readily observe such patterns with greatly reduced mental effort. While it is of course important to eventually memorize guitar chords and other patterns such as guitar scales without the help of stickers, guitar stickers are extremely helpful in initially helping students to become acquainted with the fretboard patterns to be learned. Chord stickers are particularly useful in aiding the beginning student in learning the essential basic chords, which must be learned to play songs.
2. Focus on technique rather than locating chord and note positions - One common difficulty encountered by the beginning guitar student is the problem of trying to focus on a number of things at once. Students must hold the plectrum (pick) correctly, strum notes or chords, think about the musical patterns being played, and articulate notes with (in most cases) the left hand, and all of these things must be done simultaneously. By using chord stickers and note stickers the student can free up one's mental efforts to focus on other aspects of learning until those aspects can be mastered. While it is of course important to eventually memorize the fretboard patterns being learned without the help of stickers, the temporary use of stickers with note indicia, can be extremely beneficial during the most critical early stages.
3. Learn to form new guitar chords with great ease - The beginning student typically focuses on learning chords within the first three to five frets of the fingerboard. The most difficult part of learning these chords is often learning to visually spot and recognize the appropriate patterns on the fretboard. Chord Stickers alleviate this pain, allowing the beginning student to focus on mastering the other fundamental skill sets inmportant for mastering chords, such as articulation and strumming.
4. Translate knowledge about one instrument to the guitar - Very often musicians who are fully competent with one instrument - say, for example, the piano - attempt to learn the guitar, but find the ever elusive guitar fingerboard less than obvious to navigate. Chord stickers allow musicians who already understand musical patterns and musical theory in the abstract to visually observe and understand how those patterns relate to the guitar specifically.
5. Put all of the pieces together - With guitar fretboard / fingerboard stickers as a visual tool, the task of putting all of the pieces together, from musical theory, to strumming, to articulation, to phrasing and pattern recognition, happens at a much quicker rate. While putting stickers on your guitar will not, in and of itself, turn you into a rock God, it certainly will help you move in the right direction.
6. Explore new phrases and patterns during songwriting - Intermediate and advanced guitar players may wish to use guitar stickers for song writing, since they help one to immediately recognize chords and patterns within a designated key.
7. Learn the fingerboard more quickly and effectively - Using fingerboard stickers is the fastest and easiest way to quickly identify the notes and patterns of the guitar fingerboard. Simply apply the appropriate stickers to the fingerboard of your guitar, and you will instantly have the information you need to learn in front of you.